Sunday, May 21, 2017

Finally our first post!

Well, I finally figured out how to set up this blog. We have been here for three wonderful busy weeks. Driving into Nauvoo was smazing as we drove around the bend, up the hill and right before us the beautiful Nauvoo temple came into view. It was breathtaking! I don't have the words to describe my feelings as I thought of those saints who sacrificed so much. And now, even after three weeks, I feel the same every time we see the temple.

 We live in a lovely apartment on what is called the "Flats", just down the hill from the temple. They are apartments built when the temple was built for the temple missionaries to live in. They are mingled in with the historic sites. It's great, we can walk around the neighborhood and visit the sites.

We serve in the temple five days a week. Our P-day is Friday. On Sunday, we are assigned a ward in Galesburg to attend. We drive one and a half hours there. Serving in that beautiful, historic temple is, of course, the best part of being here. We serve with some wonderful people.

We have memorable experiences everyday. We will share some of those on this blog, but I want to make sure the blog works first. So this is kind of a test.

Until next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The End is Coming...by Elder Birt

Well, after wondering if we should apply for a mission to Nauvoo, and after submitting an application, and filling out the paperwork, and a...